Please note some new rule changes have been highlighted in red.
We have so much fun every Win Wednesday testing your geek I.Q. and giving stuff away, we decided to kick-off another weekly contest for our loyal Facebookers! Every Friday, like clockwork, you have a chance to win. We’re well aware of the amount of casual surfing that occurs on this special day, and felt it only fitting to help ease your boredom. Here’s how it works:
1) Join our Facebook fan page if you haven’t already, you can do so here.
2) Now that you’re connected to the mother brain, you will see all of our Facebook posts in your News Feed — Well on your way to free stuff.
3) Come every Friday, it’s your job to sit there and stare at your News Feed, gazing, dreaming, and wishing for store credit to float your way. Twiddle your thumbs, start a mafia war, whatever floats your boat.
4) Wait for us to post Facebook Friday on our fan page. The post will be followed a sentence you need to complete, a trivia question to answer or a screen shot from a game you need to identify. Use your knowledge of video games, , and all the other things that prevent you from getting laid to secure victory. (Don’t worry, we’re all in this together.)
5) Place a comment in response to our Facebook Friday post with the completed sentence. The first person to complete the sentence accurately, answer the trivia question or name the screen shot is entitled to a $20.00 store credit! At that point we will contact you on Facebook and inject some stimulus into your account. (If you do not have an account, you can register here.)
Here are some examples of the sentences you will need to complete:
- Toad is so very sorry, but your _________ is in another castle.
- Translation: Toad is so very sorry, but your princess is in another castle.
- Never gonna give you up. Never gonna _________ you down.
- Translation: Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down.
You must complete the quotes with the complete sentence, we don’t reward single word answers, the “easy way out” doesn’t get you very far in life, and definitely won’t help you in Demons Souls. One Word answers are fine for trivia questions and screen shots.
Have fun, and good luck!
Today March 23rd begins Win Wednesday 6.
Every Wednesday at a random time, we’ll be tweeting a geek or gamer related trivia question. The first person to respond to our tweet with the correct answer will receive a free t-shirt of their choice, shipping to their doorstep, and a brief and irrelevant ego boost. In Addition, the first 5 correct respondents to the trivia question will be entered into the Grand Prize Draw for a Nintendo 3DS Handheld.
Win Wednesday 6 will run 12 weeks with our final trivia question on Wednesday June 8th, 2011.
1) No one person can win more than once in a 30 day period. (Unless you are a pair of conjoined twins sharing one brain, and through some miracle of biology have two distinct personalities.) You can be entered into the grand prize draw every week however.
2) If the first to respond has won in the last 30 days, the prize will be passed to the next respondent with the correct answer. (Unless that is your conjoined twin who also won previously, in which case it will be passed over to the third respondent, and so on, and so forth…)
3) “Cheating” is not only allowed, it is encouraged. The web is a powerful tool at everyone’s disposal and it has the potential to answer ALL. It also adds an element of skill to this contest (speed-clicking, bookmarking, cat-like reflexes, a well planned strat, use of the force, or sheer will and determination may be required to flourish in this contest.)
4) The first 5 correct respondents each week including the winner, will be entered into the draw for the Season 6 Grand Prize:
A Nintendo 3DS Handheld
This prize will be awarded at the completion of season 6. The more you play, the more you win. The more you win, the more you, umm… win more!
5) Have Fun!
Follow us on Twitter every Wednesday for your chance to win! Our first trivial question will appear on twitter sometime today, at its regularly scheduled completely random time.